Gratitude

 




I am so grateful to be part of the Earthwatch expedition to study Climate Change and Caterpillars in Arizona. In the heat of the the southern Arizona desert and woodlands, I've come together with other teachers. We have spent time in the forest, the grassy plains and the desert gathering and identifying caterpillars, butterflies and food plants, and time in the laboratory helping scientists with their research. I've developed first hand experience that I hope to pass onto my students. It's fascinating and exhausting! I hope to get my ESL (English as a Second Language) students excited about science and the environment. I am developing a strong, personal connection to the environment  and feel empowered to help my students from a marginalized community to understand what is climate change and how they can address this problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep your friends close, but your pupae closer!

The Bear Necessities of Science